Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Eleventh Day of Homemade Christmas

Simple Sugar Scrub

     Last year I made a HUGE batch of sugar scrub to divvy up into small canning jars for teacher, friend, and family gifts. I was amazed at how easy it was to make and the kids were happy to help. It's always nice when something is simple and safe enough to have my little helpers join me!
     Well, this year I did not make a HUGE batch, but I did make a small one to use as Yankee Swap gifts and I had enough left over to make a jar for myself. Ever since the cold weather has hit, and with all of the crafting I have been doing lately, my hands have been a mess!!!
     I found these cute little plastic spoons at the dollar store, and I just had to put one with each scrub. I think they really complete the look. Below is the recipe I used:

Gardner's Lemon Sugar Scrub

5 1/8 C. Sugar
2 C. Grapeseed Oil
6-8 TBSP Lemon Juice

     I mixed it all in a bowl and used a canning funnel to put it into pretty, clean jars that I had on hand.  I topped the lids with circles of fabric scraps before screwing on the rings. Then, I tied a tag and the cute, little spoons around the lids with twine, and fished off the whole package with a scrap of grosgrain ribbon. 
     These are super-simple to make and there are a million different recipes out there, so you can probably find one that you can make with things you already have in your pantry. If you are still looking for a last minute gift for that special someone, maybe you can whip up a cute jar of sugar scrub for them today...

Merrily Yours,   Mrs. J :)

No comments:

Post a Comment