Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Third Day of Homemade Christmas

Critter Crayon Bags
     These little critter bags were inspired by one of my pins on Pintrest. I made them out of old fleece pajamas and jumpers and salvaged straps from old clothes (apron straps, belts and bags) with felt scraps for the eyes and noses. Miss E is obsessed with cats, so I made hers into a kitty instead of a monster. I had a huge package of crayons in my gift stash (I DO have a lot of stashes, but I am not a hoarder!) that I used for all three of them and I even have enough crayons left over to fill one or two more bags for gifts in the future. 
     These were relatively simple for me to sew, and I am still a beginner. I love sewing with fleece and felt because they do not fray. I am also having a lot of fun appliqueing with my new Brother sewing machine.
     All I have to do now is get a few coloring books and/or notepads from the dollar store and these cute, little critter bags will be complete. I think the kids are going to love toting these around when we're out and about...
Merrily Yours, Mrs. J

1 comment: