Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Seventh Day of Homemade Christmas


Tea Time

     Here's another little set I whipped up for the kids' play kitchen. Again, inspired by another expensive item from Amazon (nearly $17.00 without shipping!), I came up with another, essentially "free" version of my own. 
     I simply emptied out one of my boxes of tea and grabbed six chamomile tea bags from my craft stash (I use tea in my rice filled neck wraps.) Add to that some yarn, white linen scraps and pieces of old cut up curtains from my scrap bin, and now I had everything I needed. These took a little longer than the eggs, but I was able to finish them all in one night after the kids went to bed, so they were still pretty simple. 
     All I did was place two pieces of linen around the tea bag with the yarn pinned in place and sewed around them a couple times to secure everything. I then used a zig-zag stitch around the edges another couple of times for a finished look. I did the exact same thing with two pieces of curtain scraps except I just used pinking shears on the edged instead of finishing them with a zig-zag stitch. 


     
I think these came out super cute and since the girls play tea party at least once a day, I know that they will get a lot of use out of them! Again, I am sure the box will not last, but I can easily replace it with another empty box in the future. Between me and my mom, we go through a LOT of tea!!!

Merrily Yours, Mrs. J :)

2 comments: