Friday, December 21, 2012

The Ninth Day of Homemade Christmas

Sweater Pillows
     These pillows that I made for Miss E and Miss D are made from outgrown Hanna Andersson sweaters that my mom got for them last year. The girls wore them ALL THE TIME and absolutely loved them (I have a few pictures of the girls wearing them that I had wanted to include on this post but my scanner and the internet are not cooperating right now and we have lost power a few times today because of the wind, so I have decided not to push my luck!) Hanna Andresson clothes are beautiful, high quality and wash wonderfully. Any new Hanna Andresson clothes my children have are either from my mom or from the $5 rack when the outlet has a sale. We do have several gently used items that I have purchased in thrift and consignment shops, and they are typically great items to re-consign once the kids outgrow them because they really hold their value. 
     These sweaters, however, were so special to my girls that I just couldn't part with them, no matter how much money I could get for them! So, naturally, I had to make them into something and pillows were the simplest choice. I simply used my rotary cutter to cut them into squares, sewed the two right sides together quickly with the machine, turned them right side out, stuffed them with old pillow stuffing, and finished them by hand. Simple. Easy. Free... And I know that the girls will love them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment