Friday, December 14, 2012

The Second Day of Homemade Christmas

Jewelry Making Kits
        These were super simple and super cheap! I made the strings out of old T-shirts cut into strips and stretched into tarn. I also bought a HUGE package of pony beads at Walmart for $1.99. These two beading kits only used about 1/3 of the package of beads, so we will get many more projects out of them.
     The packaging is all upcycled. The containers are from a local food store that sells dry good in bulk, and the bead sorting bowls are from ice cream cups. I have an extensive stash of containers that I wash and save in my basement. I love trying to come up with ways to reuse them. My brother (and husband) call me a hoarder, but I don't mind. It makes me feel happy to have a stash of freebies that I can use to create things. 
I am not a hoarder, I am thrifty!


I used some scrapbook paper, and a tag punch to make a label and then tied it all up with a colorful piece of tarn I had leftover. I can't wait for the girls to get these so we can craft together...



Merrily Yours, Mrs. J :)

No comments:

Post a Comment